Update: Please see my updated Gluten Free Bread recipe!
We spent New Year’s in the mountains and partied a bit too hard with our friends Peter and Patrice. Though I did not drink a drop of alcohol, I somehow ended up with a contact hangover. Everyone around me was imbibing and I must have become intoxicated by association.
As part of my “post holiday” status, I will be baking and sharing recipes that are not dessert until the urge to bake sweets returns. Of late, several people have asked me for my gluten free bread recipe. I am satisfied with it, though not thrilled. It seems though, that so many people are in need of a quick and easy gluten free bread that it is time to divulge mine. May be good for hangovers.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then add agave and vinegar
- Stir wet ingredients into dry
- Scoop batter into a well greased 7.5 x 3.5 magic line loaf pan
- Bake at 300° for 45-55 minutes on bottom rack of oven; until a knife comes out clean
- Cool and serve
Makes 1 loaf (about 12 slices)