The other day, I noticed that I had 2 butternut squash sitting in my kitchen, waiting to be cooked. The first I turned into butternut squash soup.
I wanted to be a bit more creative with the second one, so I figured I’d make fries out of them. The boys must have eaten an entire 3 pound squash worth of oven fries. They chowed on them all afternoon and then asked for more. I ate quite a few myself, to me they were as sweet as candy.
1 medium or large butternut squash
grapeseed oil and olive oil , to coat
about 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Peel the squash and remove the seeds
- Cut squash into long thin slices (about ¼ inch thick by 2 inches long)
- Place squash in a large bowl and generously coat with equal parts grapeseed and olive oils
- Sprinkle with salt and toss
- Lay squash fries onto 2 or 3 large baking sheets
- Broil one tray at a time in oven until crispy
Hope you enjoy this tasty winter treat as much as we did!
You might also enjoy: