This is my all time favorite icing recipe. Lately, I’ve been using this vegan chocolate frosting for cakes, cupcakes, and also as a filling between chocolate wafers. My son loves this double chocolate treat –chocolate wafers with chocolate frosting– packed in his school lunch.
I promise, I’ll put chocolate wafers up here on the boards soon. That recipe just needs a few more rounds of testing until it is ready for public consumption!
1 cup chocolate chunks
½ cup grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
pinch celtic sea salt
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate and grapeseed oil
- Stir in agave, vanilla and salt
- Place frosting in freezer for 15 minutes to chill and thicken
- Remove from freezer and whip frosting with a hand blender until it is thick and fluffy
- Frost over cake, chocolate or vanilla cupcakes or between cookies
This gluten-free, dairy-free, rich and creamy chocolate icing will fool all of the junk food junkies, dairy-lovers and gluten gluttons in your life –they won’t have a clue that they’re eating on your meal plan. Go ahead, see for yourself.
You might also enjoy: